Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day and Lapis Reversible Cable Scarf


Memorial Day started with a BANG this year, mostly due to the fact that a strong thunderstorm cell was moving thru around 6 this morning. So, what special thing are you doing for Memorial Day this year? I saw a great link describing the history of Memorial Day in the US, you can take a peek at http://www.usmemorialday.org/backgrnd.html


Today's pattern is another stash rescue, although I suppose you could consider it simply using up the leftovers from a sweater that just did not turn out how I had hoped. It is on the frog pile, but I haven't gotten up the guts to just take care of it. Anyway, on to our story, I got this pattern for a reversible cable scarf and I got excited to try this out. It was a simple repeat which makes it IDEAL for a car ride. Coincidentally, I happened to have a business trip to OH, so I got a lot of it finished while riding. I love when I can pass time efficiently. This one was made in Bernat's Satin in Lapis http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=satin&SPP=999 My mother so loved the pattern that I made one for her in coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment