Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Mulberry Bramble Purse



Working diligently on the mulberry bramble purse (OK, I did squeeze a nap in). While it seems odd to be working with wool in 80+ degree weather, I had this in my stash from a project that I abandoned and eventually frogged. Glad I got the guts to simply let the old project go and try another. Love this Lamb's Pride Bulky. http://www.brownsheep.com/lp.htm I purchased it at a LYS, Lizzie Ann's Wool Company right downtown Holland. Very cute shop. http://lizzieann.wordpress.com/  Do they have a million colors or what? I am using M-162 mulberry (hence the name of the purse) and M-04 charcoal heather. I got a matching set of mulberry leather handles. I am tempted to felt a swatch to see what it looks like felted......but I need to stay focused on the task at hand.

2 comments:

  1. I am sooo not getting this stitch from the written pattern - are you able to point me in the direction of a youtube video or make one even of working it? Ugh I feel like an idiot but I WANT to get it,and that should be half the battle right? My ravatar is justsohappy and thanks in advance for your consideration. Your pictures are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb: I looked around a bit and I did not see a you tube video for this stitch. Let me see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete