Thursday, June 10, 2010

Are You Hooked on Snow?

Do I like snow? Not particularly, I find it more of a nuisance than anything else. I know what you are thinking, why do you live in Holland MI right next to the lake effect snow machine? According to the Holland travel site,

we get on average 75" of snow during the winter.

 That is a lot of snow for anyone....unless you live in the UP I guess. So why do I stay? Well, I attribute it mostly to family and my job.Since they are here, I am here too. When I retire (in the very distant future) I plan on becoming a snow bird. Until then, I will enjoy my snow (from the windows).

To celebrate my love of snow, here is my crochet snowflake ornament. I do recommend to make these with a bigger hook the first time to make certain that you get the pattern (maybe its just me and my failing eyesight), but I was much more successful the 2nd time around. To stiffen, simply mix a spoon of water and a spoon of Elmer's glue and soak the snowflake. Pin it on a tin foil covered piece of foam and let dry. If you are running behind schedule (as I am inevitably), you can hasten the drying process with your hair dryer. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment