Friday, June 11, 2010

How Do You Handle Mistakes in Knitting?

Last night I attended my son's first piano recital. It was fun to hear the young children as well as the older children and finally adults take the stage and play their chosen piece for the crowd.

What I found really interesting what how each student handled their errors. Some stopped and went back to the beginning. Some went back to a certain location in the piece and then started up again. A third technique was to simply carry on as though there was no issue.

This is a great comparison to knitting. All of us make mistakes while we knit (especially myself) and each of us handle those mistakes in a unique way. I tend to think of myself as using the 2nd technique. Is that good? Is that bad? I think in the end, its just right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment