Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ignoring, Ditching or Hibernating

I happen to be a knitting/crafter with the attention span of a gnat. I see another pattern or another yarn and I am fickle. I turn towards that which is new. While I am frustrated with this behavior, I can't seem to stop it. If I was a psychologist (and I am certainly not as I can barely spell it), I would diagnose myself as having enjoyment in starting things vs finishing things. My friends at Ravelry have a charming and politically correct term for this behavior that I am seriously thinking about adopting. Its called hibernating. Do you like it? I love it. It almost sounds like my knitting is all snug and warm and sleeping comfortably while above ground I am moving from project to project.

Here is my latest hibernation (and I sound proud of this???). This is a reversible blanket that I am justifying its hibernation since I don't need a blanket in the summer. What is hibernating at your house?

No comments:

Post a Comment