Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Medallion Cable Vests




Another damp morning here in Holland, disappointing for children wanting to play outside but for those of us at work, we aren't terribly disappointed.

Today's project was originally a gift for my sister, who wanted a red vest. I sent her several patterns to review and she chose the medallion cable vest pattern. I opted to use merino wool, so I went with Caron's Country http://naturallycaron.com/shade_cards/country_sh.html in 0017 claret, a nice deep red. She was very happy with the results. I liked the results so I decided to make one for myself, but I chose 0004 green sheen. In addition, since I don't like sewing, I rewrote the pattern to make it in the round up to the arm hole and then split from there, which would only require me to sew the shoulder seams. Take a look and see what you think.

2 comments:

  1. I like the lower scoop and finish on the green better too!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Judi thx, it seems that I always get better with practice and I discover things I want to do differently.

    ReplyDelete