Sunday, June 6, 2010

Piece of Chocolate Cake Purse and Mittens

BIG STORMS south of us last night, but we just got a lot of rain. It still looks quite overcast as I look outside my window in my office, hope it will stay dry for all of the graduation parties today.

Today's project was at a request of a friend of mine who wanted a fun purse. I gave her some of my books to review and she chose the pattern and then went to pick out her own yarn. She went with 100% merino from Cascade Yarns 220, color 9408, a rich chocolately (is that a word??) brown. http://www.cascadeyarns.com/cascade-220.asp

Felting is fun in that it looks totally different WIP vs finished product. Since I had enough yarn left over, I went ahead with the matching mittens as well. Here are some WIP shots of the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment