Monday, June 21, 2010

Ripping Back and Liking It


Yesterday was not a good day. I  mean, it was a good Father's Day, but working on the hyacinth tank was not going well a disaster. At one point, I almost put it in the (gasp) hibernate pile until I could calm down and make better sense of it. I know, you are thinking, what went so very wrong? Well, I finished the knit body portion and whipped out my crochet hook and cotton to start working on the upper portion and arms. It was a disaster. First, I could not follow the written directions very well. Second, my gauge was off, largely due to my frustration, and third, I could not make heads nor tails of the chart. It had no key so how the heck was I supposed to know what was what? So, I took a deep breath and ripped back all of the crochet and started over again. It sure isn't perfect, but then again, how is anyone besides me going to know? If you see me in my tank, please don't mention it, thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment