Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Shoes and Yarn - Is there a Connection?

As a member of the female population, I can attest to the fact that I love shoes. Not, of course, to the extent that Imelda Marcos did, but nonetheless, I do like shoes.

Statistics show that on average, women in the US own 19 pair of shoes AND 15% own 30 pair
Dr. Justin Thomas writes in his article Why Do Women Love Shoes. Lets just say that I fall somewhere in between.....now, looking at my yarn stash. How did I get to 4 plastic totes...plus a basket....plus a bag......plus another bag.....ok you get it, I have it stashed all over the house like a chocoholic has candy bars stashed.

So why do we do it? Why do we buy shoes and yarn? Impulse you say? I would tend to agree on many aspects, for example, I am still owning a pair of black spike heel sandals that I cannot walk in, but they were really cute when I was sitting down trying them on..........perhaps I could just carry them around to my destination....or maybe not.

My yarn stash comes from a combination of impulse, its on sale justification and I love the feel/color of it. I was just at Friends of Wool spending a gift certificate and I came across some new cottons and after rubbing it against my cheek I simply had to have it. Did I need it? Are you kidding me?

No comments:

Post a Comment