Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


With the continued blessing of beautiful weather, we did the outdoorsy things that people do for the 4th of July. We picked up fresh fruit and veggies from a local farmer. (We also sneaked in some apple butter). We bought fireworks. And, we went to the beach. Not just any old beach, but Saugatuck dunes. It is a one mile hike from the parking lot to the beach uphill in the woods. It is absolutely beautiful and thankfully shady or I could have been a mess even before we got there. I was in the middle of my honeycomb washcloth and I was so very tempted to bring to the beach and knit. Thank goodness better sense prevailed and I left it home. It was so windy that I looked like a big piece of pork all covered in shake and bake if you know what I mean! After we got back home and indulged in a piece of bread with apple butter, I finished the washcloth and I think it will make a great pattern for Christmas presents (ssssssssshhhhhhh!).

No comments:

Post a Comment