Thursday, July 15, 2010

Reading About Knitting is Not Knitting

I got some knitting in on the way up to Rockford, Tim (my new coach) was driving. Why is it that I can knit in the car just fine, but when I have to read something I feel the urge to vomit? And even stranger, I can read just fine on a plane. Aren't they both moving?

It feels like I am NEVER going to reach the bottom of this sweater. It almost feels like it is shrinking instead of growing. When my daughter got home from volunteering at the library, she mentioned that she had picked up one of my on holds. It was Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair by Laurie Perry AKA Crazy Aunt Purl. It was a GREAT read and I highly recommend it. Her story is easy to relate to and funny and sad at the same time.

I spit connected the last skein while in the car, Tim never said a word. Either he was ignoring me, horrified but not wanting to say anything, or he has seen this before and not fazed. I don't think I will bring it up to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment