Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shalom Sweater is Complete

Finally, after over a week of waiting, calling and being somewhat impatient, I ran downtown Holland with my young son (who was thrilled to go to a yarn store) to Lizzie Ann's Wool Company and picked up a skein of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky to finish my sweater. Because the dye lots were different, I was planning on ripping back to the stockinette stitch and then using the new dye lot on the garter stitch trim. But, as I held the two yarns next to each other, I simply could not tell the different between the two. I am guessing it was simply the fact that it was a heather gray with a lot of different colors in it already. So I spit connected and finished it up. After that, I sewed on the button and then did a line of single crochet under the arm to stabilize the rolled up stockinette (if I did it again, I would have put garter stitch there, oh well).

My son ended the trip with a treat as well, on the way back to the van, we stopped at the Holland Peanut Store and picked up some chocolate covered marshmallows, yum yum!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment