Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Petunia Tote

Surprise, surprise, I just started another project. I am working on the Petunia Tote by Katie Himmelberg. It was featured in the spring 2007 issue of Interweave Knits. I scoured my magazine selection and wouldn't you know that happened to be the one I don't have (and I have a lot of them, believe me). I love the floral damask pattern created by purl stitches, how easy and fun is that? While she went with pink, not one of my favorite colors, I decided to go BOLD with red. My yarn is Patons Pure 100% Organic Cotton. It is incredibly soft and easy to work with, but using size 6 needles, is not a quick knit I will admit.

Looking forward to vacation up north in just a few days now. I have been watching the weather and hoping it doesn't rain. The kids are looking forward to it as well since they have never been to Mackinac Island before. Wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment