Friday, October 22, 2010

Knitting Away in Florida

Having a B A L L in Orlando, Florida on vacation, I know what you are thinking, she is ALWAYS on vacation. Well, you have to have your priorities straight, right? Also, I don't write every single day. Today is our last day here, we fly out tomorrow morning, back to cold Holland, MI. But, I will be glad to see my cat Georgie. I took two types of yarn and patterns with me for this vacation, linen and wool to make 2 scarves. I didn't have time to find a new sweater that I wanted to work on and frankly, a scarf doesn't take up too much room in my back pack.

The first pattern I printed awhile ago and never got to it. My results look nothing like the picture of the pattern, but hey, I like it, so who cares, right?

The Rowan lenpur linen drapes incredibly and feels awesome to the touch. I am a bit bummed since I only purchased 2 balls I could be in for some trouble as it is only 56 inches currently and I would like it around 75-80 inches, enough to wrap around the neck. Pray that my LYS still has some left!!!

The second scarf is a repeat of an earlier group of projects from last winter, the brioche stitch cable scarf. It is cushy and warm. I am using up some left over Malabrigo from an earlier sweater (hub always loves when I do this).
Enhanced by Zemanta
Well, better get back at the knitting as it won't finish itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment