Saturday, October 2, 2010

Stripey Felted Tote

You will notice all has been quiet lately. After I went on vacation up north, I sort of got out of the groove of writing every day. Today, I am getting back on track. (It was a fabulous trip, by the by, Sleeping Bear Dunes was absolutely beautiful. This is a pic of hub and I at the first flat on the dune. It was a beautiful day and we had a picnic under the trees with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law, who happened to be in the area (Gaylord) at the time. We later went onto Mackinac Island and did some touring there. That was the first time I had rode the catamaran and it was very rough that morning. The kids had a great time, though.
This project, the stripey tote happens to be one of my husband's favorites. I think it has something to do with the fact that I used stash yarn to make it. It is a cobbled pattern from Leigh Radford. Her original design has a self made handle but since I have about 5 sets of handles sitting around in my stash, I decided to use those instead. I think it turned out pretty well. I can't believe how L-O-N-G wool takes to dry after you felt it. I think this took 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment