Friday, November 26, 2010

Mini Mittens

I get inspiration for projects from a lot of places and one is the library. Recently I was at the library and I saw a book called Christmas Stockings, by Interweave Press. I was not planning on knitting any Christmas stockings this year, but I always like to browse and get ideas. So, I am flipping thru the pages and half heartedly listening to my son tell me about the latest Star Wars movie he watched when I came across a pattern for miniature stockings and mitten ornament patterns. They are so cute and quick to knit. So, after I finished one of the hand warmers, I decided to break in and make one of the mini mitten ornaments. I grabbed some leftover stash sock yarn and went to town. I used #3 needles for the whole project because I don't have any #2 dp needles (I know that is hard to believe). I think that it wasn't a big deal. I was surprised the thumb was actually just an i cord made of 9 stitches, pretty darn clever. Looks like I have another project to use up my leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment