Tuesday, November 23, 2010

When Persistence Pays Off

Today I was successful because of persistence. First, I have been struggling with the interface between my digital camera and my computer ever since the VIRUS OF 2010, which was this summer. Since that wonderful time, connecting said camera to said computer resulted in nothing, nada, zippo. As you may remember, I have an extremely short temper for these types of stupid things and so I resorted to  a work around, my work laptop. It was a solution, but kind of a pain in the neck. So today, I bit the bullet and tried again and this time....it worked!!!!! My electronics are talking to each other again and we are one big happy electronic family.....until the next virus comes along. OK, deep cleansing breath........started work yesterday on a cute hand warmer pattern that I found in Ravelry. It has been sitting on the shelf for quite a while forever since I had a queue of knitting to address first. My friend Beth is going to be the recipient of the test product, of which I finished one today. Back to my title of persistence, I finished the hand warmer but I really hated the look of the thumb (no fault of the pattern, simply the knitter). There were gapey holes where I picked up stitches and it looked crappy. I could have left it there, but I was determined that I was going to have a good looking thumb. Try two is not so bad, should be interesting to see how the right hand thumb goes. I also learned a picot cast off, which is really easy and looks pretty cool. Did I mention we are onto goldfish #6? Is that persistence or something else???
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment