Friday, December 17, 2010

4 Rows Down, 800 Stitches to Go!

Okay, I am apparently easily lulled into a sense of well being. Take the Curly Q Scarf, for example. The pattern has 5 rows. Just 5 little rows. So I think to myself, how the heck long can that take?? Apparently F-O-R-E-V-E-R.........in case you have not guessed yet, I am not done with the scarf. To make matters worse, it is going to take 3 balls of yarn and I only rolled 2. I took some photos to show where I am at. All I can say is thank goodness I never had to crochet a table cloth, I am not certain I could make it to the end. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

Tomorrow I might have a chance to get down to the LYS and do a little browsing  shopping   indulging keeping the local economy going. I have my eye on several sweater patterns in my queue on Ravelry. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I am using the Crocheted Ruffle Scarf pattern right now and wondered if there might be a mistake in it. Row 4 says: SC into each DC stitch from Row 3, chain one, turn. and Row 5 says: SC into each DC stitch from Row 2. So, is Row 4 supposed to be DC or SC? Thanks! I have finished row 4 and don't want to make this scarf wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy:

    I noticed the error as well. I thought about it for quite a while and then decided to DC on row 4 instead of SC as it was written. It didn't make sense to me to have 2 "short" rows as SC is traditionally an edge stitch. That being said, I don't think there is a "wrong" way to make something (unless it doesn't truly fit). Sometimes unique and beautiful things happen when we don't follow the pattern 100%. Good luck and let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete