Thursday, January 6, 2011

Boucle Hides a Lot of Sins

A friend of mine at work mentioned in a mysterious voice that she had something and bet I could make it. I was intrigued and headed over to her office. She pulled out one of those ribbed head wraps with a flower on it that buttons in the back. You have probably seen them, they have been pretty popular as of late (unless you live in a really warm climate, which I don't). She asked me how it was made (it was knitted), what stitch it was (ribbing) and how the flower was made (crochet). We chatted for a few more minutes and then I headed back to my office.

That night, I searched around on Ravelry and I found a pattern for a head wrap called Morning Walk Headband Earwarmer. It was really cute. AND, it looked really easy. Sometimes you just need one of those type of projects, you know? So, I dug around in my stash and I came up with some dark red boucle. Hey, I haven't seen this in awhile......so I cast on 7 stitches and started merrily knitting along. I determined even before I started that I would not have to do ribbing, since you couldn't see it anyway. And I could do my increases and decreases however I wanted, since you can't tell. I can't wait to get this finished and try it out. Pictures will be following soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment