Saturday, January 29, 2011

Happy 13, Elizabeth

Elizabeth at the hospital
Thirteen years ago today, around noon to be exact, my husband and I were blessed with a baby girl. The time has gone by quickly. I know every parent says this, but it really is true. Now, my girl stands eye to eye with me, she is already 5' 5 1/2" tall, to my 5' 6". Thirteen is quite a milestone, now she is a teenager, no longer a preteen or a kid.

I can remember working on Elizabeth's baby blanket and wondering if I would have it done before she was born. As it turned out, there were no worries, she was overdue by 9 days, so I had plenty of time to get it done. It was crocheted in a variegated yarn of pink, blue and white on a bias with a shell stitch around the perimeter. She used it a lot in the beginning, particularly because it was winter.
Less than a month to go

I always enjoy looking back at these pictures and the knitting and crochet projects that I was working on back then. Maybe someday I will be making blankets and sweaters for my own grandchildren.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment