Thursday, January 13, 2011

Is He Sweater Worthy?

sweater - clothes for winterImage via Wikipedia
There is a huge topic of debate among knitters.


When is it the right time to knit something for your man? 

Knitting sisters around the world talk about "the sweater curse."  The sweater curse occurs when a knitter gives a sweater to her man and in a short amount of time, he breaks up with her. According to wikipedia, the curse is simply superstition or can be chalked up to bad timing. So how come its gets so much press? Is it fun to talk about? Judith Durant, founding editor of Interweave Knits magazine, used the topic of the sweater curse to come up with a knitting book titled: Never Knit Your Man a Sweater (unless you've got the ring).  Her recommendation is to stick with something nonthreatening like a scarf. At least until you are engaged.

I've never had this happen to me, but then again, I have never knit anything for any of my boyfriends. My husband of 16 years still hasn't received a sweater. Am I superstitious? Not really. Maybe I will get started on a sweater for him after I finish my ruby ribbed vest.

Has the sweater curse ever happened to you?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment