Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Its All About Perspective

Today I was driving down the highway to visit two different suppliers in the Grand Rapids area. The roads were really wet this morning and I was using my wipers to clear up the water that was getting splashed up from the cars and trucks around me. Suddenly, I realized it was raining. At first I felt a little grumbly, yuck rain. And then I thought, if it is raining, it has to be above freezing (finally). Let me preface that statement by noting on Saturday it was -7 degrees (and that is Fahrenheit for those wondering) with a windchill that made it much colder. I could not stand being out without a hat on. Today, I actually unzipped my down jacket on the way back into the office because it felt warm! Isn't that bizarre how what would be freezing cold in the summer is warm (at least in Holland) in the dead of winter?

Much of life is like the story above. For example, the first time one knits with double pointed needles. Its a little crazy, slow and disjointed. After a while, it is just like regular knitting and you don't give it a second thought. Or, you have a project that seems like it is taking forever to complete. The next thing you know, you are done with it and onto the next project. Its all about perspective. I have to keep reminding myself of this very fact as I am working on my current project. It seems like it is taking a long time to complete, but I have to remind myself that I don't get a chance to knit every day (even though I would like to). I have 10 1/2" completed on the left front of the ruby ribbed vest now, only 5" to go until I reach the shaping, so not too much farther now.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment