Sunday, January 23, 2011

New England Knits

Ever since the book New England Knits by Cecily Glowik MacDonald and Melissa LaBarre came out, I have been dying to have it.  The first time I actually touched it was at my LYS, Lizzie Ann's. I flipped through it reverently, admiring the beautiful pictures both of the knitting and the scenery. The cover cost is $24.95 and me being a deal watcher, I waited and waited as patiently as I have the ability to wait. Finally, I saw it come on sale in Knit Picks book sale. It was down to $14.97. I had page 27 in the Jan/Feb 2011 catalog earmarked. I was going to make the purchase over the weekend. First, I took the kids to the local library and sent them upstairs to the children's section to get books, CDs for the van and DVDs to watch. I browsed in the 7 day books section and didn't see anything that held my interest. I continued on to the new books section and lo and behold, a shiny new copy of New England Knits stood. Whoo hoo! I whispered to myself (I was in a library after all). I quickly snatched it up and put it in my library bag. It was my lucky day.

I have been through it now 3 times and I still enjoy looking at it. There are a combination of patterns all geared towards women. There are no men or children patterns, but a nice range of size options available for knitters to choose from in garments. In addition, there were a few accessories. Charts are included as well as schematics depicting measurements for the finished object. While I love all of the patterns, some of my favorites are the Hampton cardigan, Ashfield cardigan, Brattleboro hat and Montague bulky lace vest. These are definitely going into my knitting queue for future projects. I highly recommend this book of patterns to all knitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment