Sunday, January 2, 2011

Where is the Knitting?

I was sitting and mentally cashing out while knitting on my Ruby Ribbed Vest (it has a cool ring to it, no?) when I got the itch to look at my library books, which were still sitting on the family room floor in their bag. I had picked up about 8 knitting books, simply because I like to see what other people are doing. It gives me ideas what to make next, what to possibly design in the future and what probably won't look to good on me (if it looks snug on a skinny model for example it will look like a sausage casing on me). So, I am flipping thru this book by Judith McLeod-Odell called Heirloom Knits. It is a beautiful collection of patterns from 1820 designs thru 2010. Lots of really cool ideas sprang into my head. And then I stopped for a moment. There were bedspreads and pillows and rugs. I looked around my house. The only way you could tell there was a knitter in the house was the totes of yarn. There were no rugs or pillows or afghans. This really opened my eyes to the fact that I have been really focused on clothing in 2010. Granted, there is nothing wrong with hand knit clothing, but I want to branch out to make my house a knitters home. Also, as I noted in my resolutions for 2011, I want to gift more of my knitting this year. So, I got up, went to the den, fired up my computer and went to my well spring of patterns (Ravelry) and found a pattern for a hand towel, which I have affectionately named Not Your Grandmother's Cotton Towel. Pictures will be coming later today.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment