Sunday, February 27, 2011

Back Up

After a slow week (regarding knitting) I finally finished the back of the charcoal ladder rib vest. I must say it felt like my knitting was shrinking instead of growing. Every time I pulled out the tape measure to see how it was coming it seemed like it was less instead of more. Crazy, huh? 26 1/2 inches never seemed so far away. And yet, here I am, cast off.

The shoulder/neck area had really weird shaping that I am interested to see how it all goes together. Usually I just decrease along the neck for shaping and then cast off all of the shoulder. This pattern had you decrease at the neck and shoulder. Hmmm. Well, I guess you can't learn if you don't try something new, right?

I had a birthday party at my house Saturday night for my sister and my two kids. I know, you are thinking, how many birthday parties do your kids get anyway? Well, this was with my mom and we decided to combine the three for her. Usually we have family get togethers at my sister's house, but  I try to offer to host a few a year. I am not the greatest cook, nor do I have any great love for it, which probably accounts for my lack of cooking and hostess skills. I spent Saturday morning running around for food at Meijer and Montello Meat Market. I intended to bake a cake, but after I saw this at Meijer, I changed my mind. Not only did it look great, it tasted pretty good as well. I went with standard birthday candles, which disappointed my husband as he really likes those ones that are impossible to blow out. Well, that was my weekend.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment