Sunday, February 20, 2011

Honeycomb Washcloth

Yesterday afternoon I was searching for a blanket pattern for my Project Linus charity project of the year. I found a pattern called the Cos Cob Throw from the Lion Brand Yarn website. It has big chunky cables and looks cozy. I just need to order some yarn to get going on it. Then, I found a pattern called circle cloth. It is a pattern for a washcloth that looks like honeycomb. I was very intrigued, so I grabbed some cotton from my stash (somewhere my husband is cheering) and some number 7 needles and went to work. The directions called out to cast on 46 stitches, but I opted to go with 40 as the pattern is a 6 stitch repeat.I also did one less repeat of the pattern, ending with a 7 x 7 cloth. It is really quick to work up and very attractive.

Due to the slip stitch of the pattern, it has incredible depth and cushiness. I could see using this pattern, or a variation of this pattern as an accent on a hat or sweater or with really chunky cotton to make a bathmat. I am seriously thinking about making some more of these as Christmas gifts.

We are in the middle of another snow storm, just when I was getting used to (and happy with) no snow and lots of green grass. Even my bulbs were starting to come up. Alas, we are in Holland, MI and it will be winter right up until the end. My sister flew to NY for the weekend. Guess whose flight got canceled? I guess we just must be jinxed or something!


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. That is the coolest wash cloth ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it feels really cool too! Thick and cushy.

    ReplyDelete