Saturday, February 12, 2011

Third Time is a Charm

I have been working on the finishing touches of the ruby red vest this week, I must say, for me sewing goes slow. If you do the math, that is a very small portion of the time invested, but it just F E E L S like it, if you know what I mean. Those of you that are sewers are not grasping my grumbling I am certain. I have no idea how people can hand sew a whole quilt and I certainly admire their skill.

So, today I was sewing on the snaps and the buttons. Ever since I made the Lettuce Jacket, I have loved working with snaps. I sewed on the 1st half and then the second, when I went to snap it together to check the fit, I realized I had sewed the second snap on backwards, doh! So I cut it off and sew it on correctly. This time, when I held up the vest, it was too far over so the heaviness of the fabric was flipping over backwards. So I cut it off again and re-resewed it right on the edge of the trim, which resolved this issue. Third time is a charm, I guess.

I am not super pleased with the fit of the vest under the arm section, I may rework the upper portion to skinny it up a bit, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment