Monday, February 28, 2011

Under The Sea

After an icy start to the day (a car spun out in front of me on the way to work), the sun came out and dried things up. It is amazing what a little thing like sunshine can do for you. I was meeting a friend for lunch at Crazy Horse, our favorite restaurant for lunch and my spirits were high. Not only was I going to share some fun with a friend, but I was going to wear sunglasses on the way! Maybe silly, but when you live in Holland MI, it really isn't sunny that often in the winter months.

Anyway, as I was driving along, I was thinking about summer and my next vacation, which is in July. In turn, that got me to thinking about my last vacation to Orlando, Florida. Which got me to thinking about the 3 balls of Rowan Lempur Linen sitting in my stash. I took some of this yarn with me when we went to Florida and knit my sister the lacy linen scarf. It was calling me.....so after I got home from work and finished dinner, I grabbed my pattern for the easy drop stitch scarf and got to work. It really is an easy pattern and it looks quite sharp, even though it has not been blocked. It reminds me of waves of  cool water.


Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, isn't it great how fabulous patterns and beautiful yarns can make a project look top notch?

    ReplyDelete