Monday, February 14, 2011

A Vest For My Valentine

We decided to spend the weekend with my mother in law this past weekend as she had just celebrated a birthday on the 10th. She lives in the Detroit area, so only a couple of hours in the car, but prime knitting time. Before we left, I cast on the 109 stitches for the back of the charcoal ladder ribbed vest and went to town.  This is the first really B I G project that I have ever made for Don, but I am pretty sure he is sweater worthy after 16 years of marriage! The pattern is not something I am familiar with, but easy peasy to remember, with only 4 rows to the pattern and 2 of the 4 are knit across the whole row. How hard is that? I love the cushy ribbing and the charcoal tweed is a sharp looking yarn.

I got a couple more repeats in tonight before I put the kiddos to bed. Don is sick with a cold, so he is already in bed before the kids. Even though he was not feeling great, he took time and got me flowers, which he had delivered to my work, isn't that sweet? I hope everyone had a fantastic Valentine's Day!



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment