Thursday, March 31, 2011

2KCBW Day 4

Day 4 asks the crafter where are they now?

It is a reflective question causing one to look back fondly (or not so fondly) on previous projects and their current state. My most favorite recipients of my knitting projects are those that not only enthusiastically thank me for their gift, but then also use/wear it and not just when they know they are going to run into me, but because they genuinely find it useful. And really, nobody want to give people gifts that they don't want, but then to spend a lot of time and energy to make something to have somebody toss it in a lower dresser drawer is disappointing.

I think one project in particular that I am reminded of frequently is the pattern by Cheryl Niamath called Fetching, which is a pair of cabled hand warmers that I wanted to try out and see if I could really do it successfully.


My good friend Beth, who is always cold, was a perfect recipient as it is a useful item for her chilled hands at work. We don't sit next to each other any longer but I still see her wearing them at work when she is cold and I always feel good inside that my gift was meaningful. Somehow that makes it all worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely post.
    Love the handwarmers - I have saved this pattern, for me - one for latter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your very welcome! I loved the pattern the second I saw it and may I say it is very easy to create a really good look in not a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete