Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 3 2KCBW Tidy mind, tidy stitches

Day 3 asks us: How do you keep your yarn wrangling organized?

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy. I am not the poster child for organization, just ask my husband. I have yarn stashed all around the house like a closet chocoholic or something. I keep saying I am going to organize my stash, but I don't. I need to donate some of it because some of it I will likely never use. Around the house I probably have 6 full totes, not to mention the boxes, baskets and various other storage methods I have devised.




I do a little better job with my needles and hooks, but I think that one is sort of forced to do this because you can't knit with just one needle, you know what I mean? I got this nifty case from my sister in law for my birthday a couple of years ago and it holds my straight needles and my hooks and various paraphernalia associated. My circs sit in their original packs on a shelf, which isn't the best solution, but it works for now.
My favorite tote I own for carrying knitting is a very L O U D hot pink bag from Namaste that I won at an auction at my kid's school a couple of years ago. It is fab for toting around a large project - think project on a plane or car trip. It is filled with handy little pockets to carry everything. The magnets to close it are slick as well.


Last but certainly not least, is the book that I carry with me frequently, Visual Knitting. Its a great reference when you are struggling. I have tons of knitting and crochet books, again just ask my family, if it isn't a book, there is a magazine in the baskets next to the couch. Sometimes when I am really brain dead after a hard day at work, I love to just pick up one of my magazines or books and review the patterns and imagine. Not to commit to doing anything or to develop plans, just to sit and imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment