Sunday, March 20, 2011

One Ball Does it All

I don't know about you, but there are times I want a project to knit that does not take all kinds of time. I just need a quick result from my work. The book One Ball Knits: Purses by Fatema, Khadija and Hajera Habibur-Rahman helps to meet that need.

These three sisters did a fabulous job putting together 20 patterns of some really unique purse designs. They are broken into the four seasons, with five designs per season. In addition, they provide a skill rating from beginner to experienced. In addition, they use various types of hardware to create professional looks. The majority of purses to require a lining, so you will need to get out the sewing machine to finish these up, however, they do devote a page to explaining the ins and outs of creating a lining.

I have fallen in love with the blue spruce tote sporting the honeycomb pattern and the classic pumpkin satchel. Although, I don't own anything orange, so that might not be the best choice for my wardrobe. Ah well, there are plenty of colors out there for me to choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment