Saturday, April 23, 2011

Branching Out

After completing hub's vest, I had a desire for a quicker knit project. I had a pattern in my queue in Ravelry of a lacy scarf that fit the bill. It is called Branching Out by Susan Lawrence in the Knitty 2005 issue, so an oldie but goody. I ran out to Michael's and purchased some Lion Brand Superwash Merino Cashmere. This is the first time EVER that I have knit with cashmere and I must say I could get used to it! Granted this only has a small blend of cashmere, but it is so soft and easy to work with. I am just about thru one ball, see Georgie sleeping next to my knitting? This scarf is going to be a surprise for my good friend Beth who loves gardening and happens to be a Master Gardener. I figure with this scarf, she can have her "plants" with her all year long and this one will be a lot less maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment