Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A New Knitting Hang Out

Today was a crazy day for the Pauls. Elizabeth had a 24 hour EEG at DeVos Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids, MI. Hub took the early shift from check in until after dinner. I came around dinner and am staying with Elizabeth overnight until we check out tomorrow am. The hospital is beautiful and the view from the room on the 10th floor is fabulous, check it out! My picture from my phone isn't the greatest resolution, but you can see the whole city and the river from up here.
Since I am spending the night, I have a choice between the recliner on the right and the fold down bed on the left. Which do you think I should choose? Good thing I am taking tomorrow off of work, I think I will need a nap to recover.

While here, I finished one of the spiral ribbed hand warmers from the Berroco website. Elizabeth wanted them in purple, but believe it or not, I did not have any purple yarn in my stash except a lilac color with metallic thread and she wrinkled her nose at that. So, I found a variegated yarn in blues and purples and she was fine with that. These are a PIECE OF CAKE to make, but I had to modify the pattern to match my gauge. I will finish the other one tomorrow.

Well, time to get ready for bed, hope I can catch a few winks tonight.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment