Wednesday, May 25, 2011

When in Doubt, Rip it Out

I hate short row shaping. Did I mention I hate short row shaping? I do. Ok, let me rephrase that, I hate short row shaping when doing stockinette stitch. My first go around on the shaping of the sleeve of the buttercup shrug was a disaster. The one side looked passable, but the other was gappy with holes where the stitch was slipped from one needle to the other. I know you are thinking, knit the wrap and the stitch together. I did. It still had a hole. Which made me tug and tug at it trying to tighten it up from the back. I got it snugged up, but then I had a big one inch loop in the back and what the heck do you do with that? So I took a deep sign and ripped it all back out and started again on the sleeve. Round two looks better, but still not great. Anyway, on to sleeve number two. Maybe blocking will help a bit?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment