Monday, June 6, 2011

Just Sittin' and Knittin'

Outdoor Knitting Spot
The weather has been fabulous lately and I have been taking advantage of it by taking my knitting outdoors. Last summer I purchased a wicker chair and sofa from Craigs List (great deal) and then I bought cushions from Pier One (not a great deal, but they were cute and I had a gift certificate). It is now my summer knitting spot as our deck is covered and provided me the shade I need but still gives me the view. If you haven't guessed from all of my pictures, I am R E A L L Y fair skinned and I burn very easily so shade is a must for me. But I digress; I started a new knitting project, kind of a repeat project, but a scarf pattern that I simply love the look of, it is the gathered scarf by Skacel and this will be scarf #3. Seriously. I am using Panama by Rowan. It is a blend of viscose, cotton and linen, which when combined make a silky and drapy fabric that feels lovely. I can't wait to wear it.

Me and My Twin Brother
I celebrated my birthday with my family this weekend, we try to group the family birthdays for efficiency. The lucky birthday girl got a gift certificate to my LYS Lizzie Ann's Wool Company. I sense more yarn in my not to distant future. . . . .
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment