Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Snowflake Beret

After having whipped out the Plymouth beret earlier in the year, I decided to try the pattern with a different yarn. I had some Yarn Bee Snowflake Wool Blend in my stash, so I decided to go with it. It is a beautiful mix of blues (my favorite color) and burgundies and the color is aptly named berries. I used a 6 needle and after having completed it, I think if I made it again I would go with a 7 to give it a touch more drapiness (if that is even a word). Maybe I was just knitting tightly because I was using dps. It reminds me of a rasta hat. Kinda.

After complaining for weeks on end that it was too cold, it suddenly got R E A L L Y hot. So we had to turn on the air conditioning. Tonight was the first time this week that we could open the windows. So the kitties are really enjoying the new storm door and their awesome view of the happenings in the front yard. Who knew life was so exciting up front??

No comments:

Post a Comment