Monday, August 15, 2011

Lace and More Lace

I traveled last week to the Chicago area and then up in Brillion, WI. We stopped along the way in Sheboygan and had dinner at the Duke of Devon, very cool place and great food. This road trip gave me some time to focus on finishing my snowy lace scarf. Unfortunately, I lost my tape measure and counter in the rental car, I think they slipped out of my bag and under the seat. I will have to pick some up today if I get a chance.

The trip was fairly uneventful until we got to the airport. We were delayed, waiting for some passengers from Kansas City for about 30 minutes and once we all got on the plane, they determined that there was too much weight with the new passengers and their bags....they couldn't figure that out before they put the people on?? So they decided to reduce the amount of fuel we were carrying and follow a different route. All in all, we were in the air about an hour behind schedule. but not a big deal for me, since I was just driving home from there.

Sunday I started work on my latest project, the leaf lace shrug. I had picked out the yarn from Lizzie Ann's a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to finish up a few projects instead of having yet more WIP in my basket. It is going pretty well so far, I love the look of it, it looks difficult, but is really easy to work. I am thinking I will do an extra repeat on the sleeves to get a little more length, but we will see. The yarn is a bright green, almost yellow, but it can be a touch splitty. So far, so good.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment