Thursday, August 25, 2011

Over Committing and Under Performing

Well, I am guilty of poor planning yet again. I think I have all the time in the world to get things done so I create this inflated list of things to do. And then I am somehow disappointed when they all don't happen exactly as I would like......case in point, I thought for certain I would be able to finish my shrug during my road trip to Columbus. Well, I did get a lot of knitting in, but what I failed to consider was that I simply am not accustomed to knitting for 5 hours straight. My hands get all crampy and tired, much like a runner or swimmer or any other athlete (notice I am grouping knitters with athletes, lol). Not that I am trying to make excuses for my lack of completion, oh no, indeed, I feel that my shrug is looking very fine and at the end of the day, I am pleased with my progress. To update where I am at in the pattern, I have just started the 8th repeat on the back; there are 9, so I am very close to finished on the back. I had my daughter take a snapshot of me wearing it, but I am holding it up on my left shoulder, which makes me look slightly odd shaped. Oh well.

Not only did I knit,which is an efficient usage of my time, but I also listened to a book on my iPod for a portion of the trip. One of my coworkers was reading the book Lost in Shangri-La by Mitchell Zuckoff, while we were driving home. It sounds like a really good read about a group lost in New Guinea during World War II. Definitely an add to my reading list.

No comments:

Post a Comment