Friday, September 23, 2011

The Interloper

When I got home from work yesterday afternoon, my 2 neighbor girls were over. They are cute little blondies, maybe 5 and 7 years of age. One of the reasons I like these little girls is that they have 2 cats, Hershey and Daisy. Hershey is a very social cat and she comes over to my house quite often, much to the dismay and dislike of my cats, who don't like her on their turf. Unfortunately, Hershey has been lost for much of this week and likely is gone altogether. So, my neighbor girls decided they were lonesome and wanted to come and play with my cats.
Misha and Daisy checking each other out

The first little girl grabbed my roving and held it up,"Do the cats play with this?" she asks innocently. I am freaking out inside - nobody but nobody touches my yarn, even my cats at my house. "Um, no, they don't," I say as calmly as I can. She throws it down and grabs a ball of yarn, "What about this, do they play with this?" I quickly redirect her to the cat toys. Very unsettling.

No comments:

Post a Comment