Monday, September 26, 2011

Love Some Bunny

During church on Sunday, I was reading the insert to the bulletin and suddenly something caught my eye CALLING ALL KNITTERS in bold print. That's me! So, I kept reading. We are starting a new ministry for families who are expecting new babies in our church. We are looking for volunteers to provide a toy in the welcome package and the pattern is provided.....I admit it, I could hardly pay attention during the service, I so wanted to walk out to the adult kiosk and see what it was all about.

Once the service was over and the kids were off to Sunday school and youth, hub and I headed over to the kiosk and picked up a brochure. The picture showed the cutest little bunny/blanket toy and had the pattern attached. At the bottom it noted the pattern from from Lion Brand. Naturally I looked it up on Ravelry when I got home and added it to my queue.

I have a lot of pink yarn left in my stash from the days when Elizabeth loved pink everything and I had ambitions to make her a lot of things that never happened. Here was a great outlet for all of that pink and yellow and baby blue and green yarn!

I whipped out one of the bunnies last night. I think I misread the part for the head, but it all worked out I guess. I think it is pretty cute, even without its face.






No comments:

Post a Comment