Monday, September 5, 2011

Reading Writing and Arithmetic

Pick up a stitch in every slip stitch minus four for a total of 300 stitches. Sound like gibberish? This was the start of the collar for my shrug. I sighed when I read the 300. I hate counting. So, I took the lazy approach and used my markers to mark every 20 stitches. Why not 10 you ask? Well, I have lost enough of these little rings under the couch that I simply don't have enough anymore. It still worked. I was actually to the cast off around 8pm last night when my brain was simply tired out. Not sure if you ever have this, but I kept making mistakes over and over (and tinking over and over). Finally, I just put the shrug down and picked up a book to read myself to sleep.

Three and 1/2 hours later, I finished the book. The title: The Violets of March. The author: Sarah Jio. I picked it up at the library yesterday morning after reading the back and being mildly intrigued. Sometimes I feel like I get in a rut with books and I need something different to liven things up. Sarah is a first time novelist, but writes for quite a few popular magazines. I have to admit that the part in her book I loved the most was the plot twists and turns regarding the diary. That is all I am going to say other than this is a fabulous read.

After some serious blog redesign, I picked up the shrug and got to work. I am really pleased with how it turned out and now that the weather has cooled off, I will actually have the opportunity to wear it.
Now, I get to move on to my next project.......


2 comments:

  1. Your shrug is beautiful! Will you be writing the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! This is actually a pattern from Ravelry written by Juju Vail called the layering shrug. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/layering-shrug

    ReplyDelete