Saturday, September 10, 2011

Sign Party

A few weeks ago, my friend Sharon invited me to a Life Expressions Decor party via Facebook. I had never heard of it before, so I asked her what it was all about. She told me it was really fun and you get to make a sign to take home. Sounded like a fun and crafty event. It was really fun, and not just because it was with Sharon, who always knows how to make everyone feel right at home. We got to pick out a saying with lettering the color we chose and then paint our board one of it seemed like 100 different colors and then attempt to apply the lettering straight. The weather co operated and we even got to paint outside, which is a much better place to paint, in my opinion. I think that everyone had a great time and the signs looked pretty awesome as well. I still have paint under my nails from last night.




While we were there, I got to see Sharon's new baby alpaca that had been born earlier in the day. He was so cute! Sharon and her husband run Lake Effect Alpacas and currently have 22 alpacas on their farm.


I also bought some roving while I was there. I am going to make thrummed mittens with her roving. It is a beautiful olive color, although it isn't as easy to see in the pictures.









No comments:

Post a Comment