Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Drifting Along

While I have been working on a project this week, I have also spent quite a bit of time determining what my next project will be. I knew that I wanted a cardigan but I was not certain what pattern or what yarn or even what color. So I spent a few minutes hours on Ravelry digging around and I finally decided on Drift by Norah Gaughan. It is a free pattern (I love free) on the Berroco website and is featured in a lovely mulberry colored yarn. When I got a spare second this week, I stopped in at my LYS, Lizzie Ann's Wool, and browsed around. I needed worsted weight and I wanted something close to 100% wool so I could avoid weaving in ends if at all possible (yes I am lazy but who cares). I was just not finding exactly what I wanted when I came across Rowan kid classic. It is a lovely combination of lambswool, kid mohair and nylon. I didn't go with blue this time, even though it is my favorite color. The color is called lavender ice and it sort of reminds me of an ice cream I had a long time ago....but I digress.

Now, I need to hurry up and finish what is on my needles so I can get this one going. I should have plenty of time to get this done since I am going to have surgery next week and then will be off work for a few weeks. Oh the joy, to sit and knit all day with no interruptions....I might run out of yarn! Nah, that will never happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment