Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Dye Lot Gamble

I have been slowly knitting every day this week on the back of my cardigan. All week I have been thinking about what I am going to do with the 3 balls that do not match my dye lot. It appeared that I had 3 options:

1. Ignore my problem and just knit as far as I could. This would likely result in a color change in a very strange and unwanted place.

2. Knit both of the sleeves at the same time with the different dye lot and if I started to get too low, do some alternating rows to blend it. If I had extra, use it on the ribbed button band.

3. Knit the lower ribbed portions of the back and fronts in the regular dye lot and the upper double seed stitch portions of the back and fronts in the different dye lot. This would look like I did it on purpose.

After much deliberating, I decided to go with option 3. So far, I think I am ok with this choice.






I am healing nicely from my surgery but still can't go out and about. The nice thing is that we have the internet. I can do all of my Christmas shopping from the comfort of my chair. Even cooler is the fact that most websites offer free shipping. That makes me first in line whatever store I go to. No crowds or fighting for a parking place. And that is most excellent.





No comments:

Post a Comment