Thursday, December 29, 2011

Never Assume Anything

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I received a sock knitting kit from the family. OK, mostly from the hub who thought this would be a great way to stop me from grumbling about seaming my sweater since socks have no seams. He is a pretty smart guy.

So, I picked up the needles and started cranking away, well, knitting slowly is more like it, I am not exactly a speed demon on dps. Since its not a race, I was enjoying myself. Until......I looked at my dwindling ball of yarn. And I am pretty darn sure there is not enough left to finish a sock. Therefore (although I am not a math whiz) I believe there is not enough yarn to make 2 matching socks.

The lesson learned here is to not knit with yarn that has no label and therefore no yardage information. Never assume anything because you know what that does.......



No comments:

Post a Comment