Friday, December 23, 2011

Will She or Won't She?

Six weeks ago I was confident - beyond confident that I could finish my planned sweater in time for Christmas. Those words are coming back to haunt me....the new found freedom I experienced mid last week (driving) has put a bit of a crimp on my knitting. Tomorrow is the home stretch. Does it count that it is done if it is sewn together but not dry? I will say yes. I am working on the button band currently, so that is the last of the knitting.


The sleeves seemed to take F-O-R-E-V-E-R...... I kept measuring and they kept staying the same length. I ended up making them 19" instead of 18" as the pattern called out, I must have monkey arms or something.

 I picked up the buttons from Jo Ann's. They are dark purple with a ring that is light purple.





On another completely different topic, I came downstairs the other morning and found these lovely roses on my doorstep. What a lovely surprise! When you are first ill, you sort of expect flowers and that sort of thing, so to receive a bouquet weeks afterward was very refreshing. And you are wondering who is the thoughtful giver? It was my sister-in-law and brother-in-law.


No comments:

Post a Comment