Saturday, January 14, 2012

Fun Observer Questions

I had my knitting at work with me this week so I could take advantage of the lunch hour since I wasn't planning on going out anyway. To give you a little background, I am still working on the baby cable socks with the self striping yarn. As I knit, several people came by and asked questions. Here are my 3 favorites:

  • What is that? I am working on the foot of the sock currently after having started at the top...perhaps this person does not wear socks?

  • How do you know when to switch colors to make the stripes? A legit question if you have never seen self striping yarn

  • How do you know when to stop doing "the straight part" (the leg) and go to "the curved part" (the foot)? It is all about math and how long/big you want your sock to be.

Do you get interesting questions when you are knitting out and about?



2 comments:

  1. No, not interesting questions, all I have ever heard is "oh, I could never do that"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny I have heard that as well, wonder why knitting seems so mysteriously difficult to others?

      Delete