Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Manic Monday

Yesterday was not a great day. It started off by sleeping in one hour (which was very great) because the kiddos had the day off of school due to end of semester. I love sleep. I had a meeting across town and the weather was a balmy 46 degrees, unheard of in January in Holland, MI. After the meeting I headed back across town to yet another meeting, yep, that is what I do for a living. At lunch time, I was waffling between running home for lunch (right around the corner) or picking something up and running back to my office in Zeeland. Unfortunately, I opted to run over to Subway. Not that Subway is a bad place to eat, but it started a chain of unfortunate events.

I looked left and then right and waited for a car coming from the right to pass me and then I turned left into the path of a car. It spun me around and then I hit a very large rock by the driveway where I was pulling out. BAM! I didn't realize at the time I hit a rock, but I couldn't figure out what I had hit because I couldn't see anything, both because my glasses had been knocked off and it was below my line of vision. I coughed a couple of times and shook my head, the airbag dust floated around me. It was surreal. I am glad to say, neither of us was injured and I had the ability to still think straight. I called 911 and shortly the police arrived. They were wonderfully sympathetic and helpful (big thanks Ottawa County). Also a big thanks to State Farm (hopefully my rates don't go up too much) and Hansen Collision who towed Bessie away.

I opted not to knit yesterday and iced my shoulder instead as it is quite bruised. I think today I will get back at my new project, the Beach House Pullover, featured in Interweave Knits back in summer 2010. I love the cables on this sweater. It looks kind of slouchy/comfy in the picture with 4" of positive ease, so I decided to go down a size so it isn't too baggy on me. I can't wait to get past the ribbing and get to the cables. This will be the first time I try cables without a cable needle. Should be very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment