Thursday, July 4, 2013

Red White and Very Blue

Happy Independence Day to all of my friends in the United States and happy Thursday to those outside of the US. On my day off it is wonderful to note that it is sunny with a clear blue sky. Lots of opportunity to be outside.

Blue is one of my favorite colors (even though black is a close second for clothing and shoes). My new project I am working on is (you guessed it) blue. The pattern is the Holden Shawlette, by Mindy Wilkes, which is offered for free on Ravelry. My friend Jane mentioned it to me and it has been in my queue, struggling to get to the top. Well, it is finally there.

The yarn I am using is Elegance by Loops and Threads. The pattern recommends sock yarn but I am kind of picky about what touches my neck and I just could not find anything at that weight that I really liked. The color way is Ocean. As a play on words, I have named it Sea Shawl.

The beginning section is garter and stockinette with yarn overs added in. Easy stuff. The lace part looks complicated, I guess I will find out soon enough. I am in love love love with all of the pictures of everyone else's projects so I think I will use this shawl a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment